How to spring clean a home’s interior
April showers bring May flowers and Spring cleaning. To start off your spring cleaning checklist, you need to know where your priorities lie.
By knowing how to spring clean a home you can not only get your home in-shape for months to come, but also purge a lot of clutter that comes with owning a home. Our team has compiled a list to get you started on this process. Spring cleaning a home can be an overwhelming task for some homeowners, especially if you haven't cleaned your home since last spring.
Get started by using this spring cleaning checklist:
- Dust baseboards, ceiling corners, light fixtures, lamps, ceiling fans, mirrors, shelving and other decor.
- Wash doors, walls, curtains and windows with the appropriate cleaners, such as warm soapy water to get rid of marks and save yourself from having to repaint walls or doors.
- Vacuum furniture, lampshades, all flooring and any other household items.
- If you need to, you should change your furnace filters, clean air vents and change light bulbs.
- Replace the batteries in your smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector.
- Remove rugs and deep clean the floors underneath. Then, wait for floors to dry and place rug back in the space after its been cleaned.
Some other things you can do if you are feeling ambitious are:
- Condition your leather furniture.
- Shampoo your carpet on your own or with the help of professional.
- Schedule a chimney sweep.
- Disinfect the trash cans around your home.
- Go through your pantry and fridge and toss our expired food.
- Go through your cleaning supplies and condensed down duplicates this will help you save space, as well.
After the cleaning is over and done with, it’s time to get organized! Getting organized may be harder for you than others. With some time, patience and courage, you can make it through this process of purging and organizing.
Some helpful home organizing tips are:
- Use a calendar or planner to keep yourself motivated with all your purging and spring cleaning projects. This will help you check off one room at a time on specific days!
- Decrease clutter! Look in closets, drawers, desks and more for things you know for a fact you haven’t touched for a while and purge them. You can take gently used clothing to local second-hand shops.
- Invest in some much needed organizers for paperwork and other supplies after you’ve purged.
- Do you love the item? Sort through your belongings for things that you use the most. That way you can make sure they are easily accessible when you need them.
Although in the beginning it may feel like a lot of work and stress to know how to spring clean a home, in the end you will be happy you did! Who knows, you might even get addicted to purging and organizing!