Omaha Housing Market Trends, July 2017
It's hot out there, Omaha! And we're not just talking about the weather here....
We are halfway through 2017 and time to check in and see how the market is doing in the greater Omaha and Council Bluffs areas.
In Nebraska, for the first half of 2017:
- At the end of June 2017, there were 2,251 homes for sale, down nearly 10% from last year.
- And 1,380 homes sold for the month, down over 13% from last year.
- Our inventory data indicates we are still in a strong seller's market with only 1.7 months of inventory on the market.
- Average days on market was 21 in June which is lowest we have seen in over five years.
- The average sold price was $227,000 which is the highest we've seen in five years.
In Iowa, for the first half of 2017:
- On June 30, there were 328 homes for sale down 23% from last year, and 156 homes sold for the month, down 6% from last year. The data tells us Iowa is in a seller's market as well with only 1.8 months of inventory on the market.
- Average days on market was 42 in June.
- Average sold price held steady at $155,000 which is the highest it has been since July 2016.
Source: The market information above is based upon MLS data as provided by Trendgraphix Inc. and does not contain all activity in the market.
So what this mean for Omaha and Council Bluffs?
If you're looking at the right time to list your home for sale, this is the time!
Looking for more advice for selling your home?
Check out our past blog posts:
- How To Tank The Sale Of Your Home
- Trading Up Is Tough In Omaha?
- Tips For Staging Your Home For Potential Buyers
- Should You Jump At The First Offer On Your Home?
- Why Using A Realtor Is Better Than For Sale By Owner
- What Is Trending Now With Home Shoppers?
- What You Can Expect And How You Can Prepare For Your Home Appraisal
- Are You Looking At Downsizing Your Family Home?
- Tips On Buying A Home While Also Selling A Home
- Finding The Realtor For You
And, when you're ready to list your home, contact The Fairfield Team and we can use our expertise to walk you through all of the steps!